Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
We are excited to now offer PRP at Protea Medispa! PRP is ideal for individuals searching for a natural improvement in their appearance. This sought after non surgical procedure stimulates cell growth and collagen production improving your complexion, skin texture, and aids in restoring lost tissue volume. Platelets are rich in growth factors which act as energy boosters for our skin increasing collagen and elastin production.
Following a series of PRP treatments, you will see improvements in fine lines and wrinkles, melasma, and acne scarring. PRP treatments are also available for hair loss. The injected platelets prompt inactive hair follicles to enter an active growth phase to stimulate hair growth.
A minimum of three treatments recommended for maximum results.
1. PRP treatment for the face. PRP Can be injected into the face by a physician to restore lost volume and improve the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and dark circles under the eyes.
2. Boost your results by adding your PRP to microneedling (aka. Vampire Facial) or fractional (ablative or non-ablative) laser to speed healing and obtain greater benefits.
3. PRP treatment for the neck. PRP can be injected into the superficial tissues of the neck to increase volume, reduce crepiness, and improve the appearance of the necklace lines. For superior results, combine with IPL to the heat the tissue, followed by microneedling.
4. PRP treatment for the hands. Reverse the telltale signs of aging by using PRP to restore the youthful appearance of the back of the hands.
5. PRP injections for hair loss. This is an ideal therapy for men and women with receding hairlines, thinning hair, widening of the hair path and male pattern baldness. Enhance blood flow and stimulate inactive hair follicles of the scalp to encourage new hair growth.
A minimum of 1-2 vials per session required.
6. Increase the longevity of your Dermal Filler treatment! Pretreat your areas of concern on your face with PRP to stimulate collagen production.
What to expect
PRP is obtained by drawing a small amount of blood from your arm, spinning it down and separating the white and red blood cells, which isolates the growth factor and bio-active protein rich portion of your plasma. The plasma is then used as a mask, or injected directly into the tissue.
When will I see results?
To achieve the best results, it is recommended that patients have three sessions based at 4-6 weeks intervals. Patients will notice an improvement in skin texture in the first month. Maximum collagen regeneration occurs around 3 months after the initial treatment. The results are typically maintained for 18-24 months, requiring 1-2 yearly touch-up treatments.
Boost the results of your SkinPen Microneedling treatment with a mask of Platelet Rich Plasma. As the PRP penetrates the micro channels in the skin, growth factors will trigger cell proliferation, speed healing and stimulate collagen and elastin regeneration in the treated area. Topical anesthetic ensures a comfortable, relaxing treatment with zero downtime. Best results are seen after a series of three treatments.
Experience our vampire facial for an overall natural, healthier and more youthful appearance!
You may not be a candidate for PRP if any of the following pertain to you:
Currently taking blood thinners or anti-inflammatories
Pregnant or breastfeeding